Project: MLP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Project: MLP

Join in and collaborate your ideas. We are re inventing My Little Pony.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Everyone please read this. Project PONI

+2
Cowboy Zook
Rotiart
6 posters

Should we merge with Project Poni

Everyone please read this. Project PONI I_vote_lcap0%Everyone please read this. Project PONI I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Everyone please read this. Project PONI I_vote_lcap100%Everyone please read this. Project PONI I_vote_rcap 100% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 10

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Everyone please read this. Project PONI Empty Everyone please read this. Project PONI Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:24 am

Rotiart

Rotiart
Admin

A lot of people have had question whether we should try to merge with Project Poni or not.
What are the pros what are the cons is always a question. The biggest pros and cons that I have discovered are the following:

Pro: We are able to make episodes quicker, better quality and they already have 1000 subscribers.
Con: Some people WILL lose their job.

Based on this information please answer whether we as a community should try a merge or stay independent and take the risk of not being able to gain popularity and get lost into the evil bottomless pitt of forgotten people. ONLY VOTE IF YOU CAN EXPLAIN WHY

https://www.youtube.com/3donecom

Cowboy Zook

Cowboy Zook
Admin

I thought about it for the past day or so and I decided that the cons which are more than likely to happen, outweigh the pros. We should be independent, and show them who can really do this. I've seen some damn good animation on our part, but have yet to see anything on their end.

SteelCrasher

SteelCrasher

against it... we are talking about a project that allready has talented people on it, and know what to do next. if we try to merge, they will either accept 1 or 2 ppl, or shut us off...

Admin

Admin
Admin

I think we should just continue as normal, and forget about "project poni".
I've had a look through their youtube channel and it seems the only tallent they have at the moment are voice actors, and we have our fair share of those.. The intro they made is a tad, err.. poor. They started somtime last year and so far have only managed to produce a 10 second intro "animation"

So we are already doing better on our own anyway... Fair enough they have a shit load of subscribers, but we are putting the effort in to producing somthing of a good standerd rather than just putting any old scraps out there. Once we have somthing worthy and postable, i'm sure the fans will follow.

We are making good progress as is, and in my opinion.. Merging with another group will just cause confusion. Plus, I think it would be cool to see how far we get on our own starting from scratch rather than piggy-backing on another group half way through. Very Happy

https://projectmlp.rpg-board.net

Rotiart

Rotiart
Admin

Admin wrote:I think we should just continue as normal, and forget about "project poni".
I've had a look through their youtube channel and it seems the only tallent they have at the moment are voice actors, and we have our fair share of those.. The intro they made is a tad, err.. poor. They started somtime last year and so far have only managed to produce a 10 second intro "animation"

So we are already doing better on our own anyway... Fair enough they have a shit load of subscribers, but we are putting the effort in to producing somthing of a good standerd rather than just putting any old scraps out there. Once we have somthing worthy and postable, i'm sure the fans will follow.

We are making good progress as is, and in my opinion.. Merging with another group will just cause confusion. Plus, I think it would be cool to see how far we get on our own starting from scratch rather than piggy-backing on another group half way through. Very Happy

Like a boss

https://www.youtube.com/3donecom

SteelCrasher

SteelCrasher

Admin wrote:I think we should just continue as normal, and forget about "project poni".

Agreed !!!

Ich

Ich

Can I add in my two cents?

(Warning: Wall of text)

I just wanted to say that by merging, the negatives seem to outweigh the positives. I mean, how can people even be sure that someone would want to merge with us? It could mean that the project ends up in exactly the same position, just with different people (and potentially more/less) to account for.

I think what we have to be careful about here is the whole 'one person doesn't take on heaps of tasks' (unless if they really want to/have the time to) - my only reason for saying that is that it would be a lot on their shoulders, and that pressure may or may not be appreciated. This could be one of the reasons why it seems like we've hit a weeny bit of a bump at the moment. It seems like we have a substantial amount of 'staff' (Is that what we'd call ourselves? ;P) in some areas, and then not enough in others - we all have seen this.

I think more work could be done if we try and 'fan out' this, trying to get a more diverse range of people in different areas - even if it meant potentially teaching the basics of things to some people, or getting them to help out with something that anyone could do - which may save time.
On the other hand, potentially teaching members something they're not familiar with could be a time waster, but, can we overlook that because it's the group connecting and working together to produce something we all love? It's just a sticky situation because the diversity of our skills and knowledge on software and whatnot all differ. So that's something to potentially think about ;D

To get back on track, to merge now almost seems like defeat, or giving up. Like some have already stated, people will lose their jobs - these could be people that we've grown close with. New-found friends. Now we're just going to potentially leave them behind? I think if we really get down to the nitty gritty, we'll find a way to pull through.

If I could suggest, one thing that may help organise things a wee bit better, is how we use Skype. I think a lot of of us go on there and we use it to just catch up and talk - as well as discuss the project. However, because there are a lot of people in there, as well as a lot of messages, so it gets hard to filter through and catch up on potentially important messages.
Maybe we could make two different Skype groups/calls. One entirely for talking about the project/designs/art/anything related to that? For example, drafting ideas, discussing ideas, then potentially posting a more detailed and rough outline on here. Then another for more Off Topic content? I think this may filter things a little easier and there won't be people coming online saying "What did I miss?" and then having to find anything super important in a stack of messages.

But yeah - in short. No. I think we're doing pretty well as is. So good job everyone, keep at it ;D

Corr! That was a lot.

TL;DR - No. Too many negatives. Find a way to get more people into different 'departments'. Merging is almost like giving up. We can organise things a bit better - possibly two Skype groups: One for the project, one for Off Topic talk. Good job guys - Woo hoo

8Everyone please read this. Project PONI Empty No Because... Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:55 pm

Cherry-Twist

Cherry-Twist

I love everypony in this group, and I think we can make something that'll really be totally awesome!! I don't want to lose contact with y'all because (like several people have said) Who knows if they'll take all of us if any at all? I like working with you guys, and I'd be sad if I couldn't do that anymore D:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum