Project: MLP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Project: MLP

Join in and collaborate your ideas. We are re inventing My Little Pony.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Idea for Episode 1

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Idea for Episode 1 Empty Idea for Episode 1 Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:07 am

Rotiart

Rotiart
Admin

I think it would be good to keep the show close to MLP:FiM
We should neglect the war ideas and pain and misery and make the first few episodes about fun and friendship. If Bronies want to see pain and misery they can watch the news, If they want to see some badass main Character beat the shit out of other beings they will watch Adventure Time or DBZ.

The big reason MLP:FiM works because it's a show made for little girls, but with a very big wink towards the more mature audience.

https://www.youtube.com/3donecom

2Idea for Episode 1 Empty Re: Idea for Episode 1 Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:33 am

Deusinsanus

Deusinsanus

Rotiart wrote:The big reason MLP:FiM works because it's a show made for little girls, but with a very big wink towards the more mature audience.

In that case, should we not let the original writers think of episodes, and the original animators do their jobs? We did decide that we want to aim this series rather towards 'bronies' than little girls, did we not? I agree that we should not go overboard with the explicit themes in the first few episodes, but, what would be the point if we only copy the original series?

3Idea for Episode 1 Empty Re: Idea for Episode 1 Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:19 am

Rotiart

Rotiart
Admin

Deusinsanus wrote:
Rotiart wrote:The big reason MLP:FiM works because it's a show made for little girls, but with a very big wink towards the more mature audience.

In that case, should we not let the original writers think of episodes, and the original animators do their jobs? We did decide that we want to aim this series rather towards 'bronies' than little girls, did we not? I agree that we should not go overboard with the explicit themes in the first few episodes, but, what would be the point if we only copy the original series?

The best idea I think is doing it ERB-style. Let the audience "think" they have something to say. I am not saying we should copy the show, but bronies (like me) just can't wait for another episode, and we have the power to change the time between episodes. We should not go WITH the show, but keep it in that style. Adding wars, pains and misery will kill the entire idea of the show. Going towards Bronies or towards little girls is basically the same.

4Idea for Episode 1 Empty Re: Idea for Episode 1 Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:09 am

Deusinsanus

Deusinsanus

Rotiart wrote:Going towards Bronies or towards little girls is basically the same.

Uhm, no? Seeing as I consider myself as a brony, and how I like to read some grimdark stories once in a while, which, by the way, are pretty much the exact opposite of what you want to target at little girls, I think that we should not completely neglect the idea of some episodes like that, be it just as a nightmare, or something that does not influence the other episodes too much. I mean, I can see where you're coming from, using this project as kind of a filler between the actual episodes, but I believe we can stray from that bit by bit, until we have something completely original in the end.

5Idea for Episode 1 Empty Re: Idea for Episode 1 Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:59 am

Rotiart

Rotiart
Admin

Nothing wrong with a couple of episodes that are grim, as long as we don't end up making .mov typ of videos i'm fine with it. Otherwise I don't think I can help you with those episodes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum