Project: MLP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Project: MLP

Join in and collaborate your ideas. We are re inventing My Little Pony.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ideas for the show

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ideas for the show Empty Ideas for the show Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:03 am

SteelCrasher

SteelCrasher

Here are some ideas for the show, if we are going to be making them as series/mini series (still not quite sure on that).
First I would like to start, that the the mane 6 characters would be better of as background or recurring helping side character. And make our own main character (with awesome backstory). For an antagonist, I think it would be better if we have like one main recurring villain, rather than 2 episodes long super villain (except for mini villains of course). For the location of the series, I think we could complicate things a little here (because most of our vievers will either be tenagers or adoults and not 6 year old girls...). Well as I was saying... location! We could have two main locations of happening, one should be set on familiar ground (Ponyville, preferably). And the other one could either be a new town (of our making)or something that has been heard in the series, but not really shown (like, Fillydelfia). This should make part of the series' location unique while still having a famliliar feel to it.
About the story, we could make the series as kind of a backstory for the main series, like explaing how Discord was released (maybe even some of the new main characters caused it, and why Celestia didn't help the mane 6 with discord, maybe imprisonment, idk). So as I was saying the series can focus on some backstory of the original show while still having their own story, either a problem with their antagonist, or quietly saving equestria from strange problems (zombies, natural disasters, nazis riding dinosaurs, giant rampagin monster, etc.). I will leave the type of humor and explicity of the content to your choosing...

Well these are some of the ideas I had in mind, if anything confuses you tell me and will try to explain Very Happy

SteelCrasher... Sry for bad grammar Smile

Deusinsanus: You art forgiven!

Last edited by Deusinsanus on Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixing stuff.)

2Ideas for the show Empty Re: Ideas for the show Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:46 am

Rotiart

Rotiart
Admin

Like the idea, very much indeed. Only I believe this is something we have to work forward to. We want our "future fans" co-decide where we go next. Having the Mane6 as main characters in the beginning will provide more people watching at once. So we could do a "in between original MLP:FiM episodes" and than work towards them meeting a group of 6 OC ponies and than asking the "fans" which one they prefer better. So that means 2 episodes (at least) of the Mane6 and providing us with subscribers. Then we could introduce the OC6 (maybe half male half female to keep both male and female fans happy) and do one or two episodes about them. We could than ask which one the "fans" like better.

https://www.youtube.com/3donecom

3Ideas for the show Empty Re: Ideas for the show Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:53 am

SteelCrasher

SteelCrasher

Yes thats exactly what i tought as well. make first episodes about mane 6 and then if it goes well introduce other oc ( i also tought there should be 6 of them Very Happy)

4Ideas for the show Empty Re: Ideas for the show Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:56 am

Deusinsanus

Deusinsanus

Rotiart wrote:Like the idea, very much indeed. Only I believe this is something we have to work forward to. We want our "future fans" co-decide where we go next. Having the Mane6 as main characters in the beginning will provide more people watching at once. So we could do a "in between original MLP:FiM episodes" and than work towards them meeting a group of 6 OC ponies and than asking the "fans" which one they prefer better. So that means 2 episodes (at least) of the Mane6 and providing us with subscribers. Then we could introduce the OC6 (maybe half male half female to keep both male and female fans happy) and do one or two episodes about them. We could than ask which one the "fans" like better.

Yo, rotiart. I haven't seen you on skype in a while, I hope you're not too busy with the music stuff and all that. I even got you an assistant of sorts :D
So, we got an idea where you and me both could be narrating in the same episode.

5Ideas for the show Empty Re: Ideas for the show Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:34 am

Rotiart

Rotiart
Admin

Hey Wink Well not really much time to spend on skype and we have different time zones, but i'm really active on the forum as you can see Wink Just leave a message for me and i'll read it.

6Ideas for the show Empty Re: Ideas for the show Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:38 am

Deusinsanus

Deusinsanus

Rotiart wrote:Hey Wink Well not really much time to spend on skype and we have different time zones, but i'm really active on the forum as you can see Wink Just leave a message for me and i'll read it.

Ok, if this is more convenient for you. So, as I said, we have an idea on how to implement both you and me as narrators in the same episode. Seeing as you already read (and improved) my idea for that 4th wall breaking potion, I hope you'll agree to working on that with me. If people like the idea in general, that is.

7Ideas for the show Empty Re: Ideas for the show Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:33 am

Rotiart

Rotiart
Admin

Deusinsanus wrote:
Rotiart wrote:Hey Wink Well not really much time to spend on skype and we have different time zones, but i'm really active on the forum as you can see Wink Just leave a message for me and i'll read it.

Ok, if this is more convenient for you. So, as I said, we have an idea on how to implement both you and me as narrators in the same episode. Seeing as you already read (and improved) my idea for that 4th wall breaking potion, I hope you'll agree to working on that with me. If people like the idea in general, that is.

eyup I would like that idea Wink

8Ideas for the show Empty Still alive Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:33 pm

orannis

orannis

Ok i'm just posting this to see if This topic is still alive if it is i'll post some ideas i have for the show...

9Ideas for the show Empty Re: Ideas for the show Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:46 pm

Deusinsanus

Deusinsanus

orannis wrote:Ok i'm just posting this to see if This topic is still alive if it is i'll post some ideas i have for the show...

It is still very much alive, but unless you want to work with Steel's ideas you should make a different post in the brainstorming section.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum