Project: MLP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Project: MLP

Join in and collaborate your ideas. We are re inventing My Little Pony.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas?

+6
RainbowBlitz
Rotiart
Cowboy Appledash
DarthBlam
Negatorian07
Admin
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas? Empty Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas? Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:49 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

We decided that scene 2 of project one should consist of a few cut away sketches each one lasting no more than 30 seconds. So post some ideas, make some story boards. Lets see what you lot can come up with. Whilst this is going on we will be finishing off scene one with the voice actors and animators.

Click here for the blank story board

Last edited by Admin on Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:01 pm; edited 2 times in total

https://projectmlp.rpg-board.net

2Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas? Empty Re: Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas? Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:57 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

I'm sure most of you are familiar with the ADSF sketches: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDtgLn52vhI&feature=related

Lets parody the "pie flavour" sketch using pinkie pie. Heres my story board. I will animate it properly if people like the idea.

3Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas? Empty Re: Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas? Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:52 pm

Negatorian07

I like the idea!
Will be interesting to see what the finished product will be like.

4Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas? Empty Re: Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas? Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:12 am

DarthBlam

DarthBlam

Okay.. I seriously can't work with the story board.. I can't draw and I can't find the necessary pictures I want to use, so I'll try to describe in words.

The scene starts with Derpy just.. standing there being derpy around a park or something. Scene zooms out to show Twilight and Spike looking at her from a distance. Spike says "Man, what is wrong with that pony? She just stands there.. with those weird eyes."
Twilight explains to him in a matter-of-factly tone that "Well not all ponies are the same Spike, it just may be a.. uh.. hobby for her."
Spike questions "But what about the eyes?" as he points at his while making them spin all derpy-like for a second."
Twilight TRIES to explain "Well they're just.. uh.. um.. oh I don't know, I'm sure she's fine and sees perfectly normal. Let's get back to the library."

The screen shifts back to Derpy slowly zooms in to her face. It then moves into her eyes where it fades into her point of view.
EVERYTHING in the landscape is hellish and firey. Skeletal, demonic and, zombie like ponies are around moving like normal, walking/sitting/playing, but the world around her is in utter burning chaos.

Everything shifts back to just looking at Derpy's face.. just standing there with her derped eyes and an innocent smile. Then at the last second she gives a slight chuckle.

That's all I've got for that idea...

When I say screen I mean what the audience is supposed to be looking at by the way.
Let me know watchya think.

5Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas? Empty Re: Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas? Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:27 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

DarthBlam wrote:Okay.. I seriously can't work with the story board.. I can't draw and I can't find the necessary pictures I want to use, so I'll try to describe in words.

The scene starts with Derpy just.. standing there being derpy around a park or something. Scene zooms out to show Twilight and Spike looking at her from a distance. Spike says "Man, what is wrong with that pony? She just stands there.. with those weird eyes."
Twilight explains to him in a matter-of-factly tone that "Well not all ponies are the same Spike, it just may be a.. uh.. hobby for her."
Spike questions "But what about the eyes?" as he points at his while making them spin all derpy-like for a second."
Twilight TRIES to explain "Well they're just.. uh.. um.. oh I don't know, I'm sure she's fine and sees perfectly normal. Let's get back to the library."

The screen shifts back to Derpy slowly zooms in to her face. It then moves into her eyes where it fades into her point of view.
EVERYTHING in the landscape is hellish and firey. Skeletal, demonic and, zombie like ponies are around moving like normal, walking/sitting/playing, but the world around her is in utter burning chaos.

Everything shifts back to just looking at Derpy's face.. just standing there with her derped eyes and an innocent smile. Then at the last second she gives a slight chuckle.

That's all I've got for that idea...

When I say screen I mean what the audience is supposed to be looking at by the way.
Let me know watchya think.

Very descriptive! I can picture it perfectly. Good work! If you would be so kind, could you please reformat it into the style of a script ready for voice actors.

I cant wait to start animating that one Razz

6Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas? Empty Re: Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas? Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:53 am

DarthBlam

DarthBlam

Admin wrote:
Very descriptive! I can picture it perfectly. Good work! If you would be so kind, could you please reformat it into the style of a script ready for voice actors.

Okay.. any specific area you want me to post it or is just here fine?

7Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas? Empty Re: Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas? Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:57 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

DarthBlam wrote:
Admin wrote:

Okay.. any specific area you want me to post it or is just here fine?

Here is good. Smile

8Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas? Empty Re: Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas? Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:28 am

DarthBlam

DarthBlam

scene starts with Derpy just.. standing there being derpy around in a park near Ponyville.

Spike
Scene zooms out to show Twilight and Spike looking at her from a distance as Spike says
"Man, what is wrong with that pony? She just stands there.. with those weird eyes."

Twilight
Twilight explains to him in a matter-of-factly tone
"Well not all ponies are the same Spike, it just may be a.. uh.. hobby for her."

Spike
Spike points at his eyes as they spin in a derpy-like fashion
"But what about the eyes?"

Twilight
In a tone like shes TRYING to convince herself.
"Well they're just.. uh.. um.. oh I don't know. I'm sure she's fine and sees perfectly normal. Let's just get back to the library."

The screen shifts back to Derpy slowly zooms in to her face.
It then moves into her eyes where it fades into her point of view.
EVERYTHING in the landscape is hellish and firey.
Skeletal, demonic and, zombie like ponies are around moving like normal, walking/sitting/playing, but the world around her is in utter burning chaos.

Screen pops back to just looking at Derpy's unchanged face.. just standing there with her derped eyes and an innocent smile.
Just before the scene ends Derpy giggles slightly, the resumes standing motionless.

Not quite sure how to set up a script.. but.. yeah.. here is my try at it I guess. Sorry if I do'ed it wrong.

9Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas? Empty Re: Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas? Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:35 am

Cowboy Appledash

Cowboy Appledash

I... LOVE IT! Now tht you have given a good example of a short video, I feel I can crack some out as well. Now to rack my brain for fruitless nonsense.

10Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas? Empty Re: Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas? Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:49 am

Rotiart

Rotiart
Admin

Awesome! I will put a hellish background sound effect in the request area Wink
Maybe i'll try to do spikes part, but today is going to be hard to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/3donecom

11Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas? Empty Re: Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas? Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:29 am

Rotiart

Rotiart
Admin

We could also do a "In a world, where ponies live" (Narrator voice)
I could easily make something like that. I wish we could make a narrator pony XD

12Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas? Empty Re: Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas? Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:53 pm

Negatorian07

A narrator pony isn't too difficult to make...
The only problem is the voice.

13Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas? Empty Re: Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas? Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:01 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Negatorian07 wrote:A narrator pony isn't too difficult to make...
The only problem is the voice.

Rotiart has an awesome narrator voice! So we have that covered already! bounce

14Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas? Empty Re: Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas? Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:10 pm

Rotiart

Rotiart
Admin

That's why I asked Razz

15Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas? Empty Re: Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas? Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:14 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Rotiart wrote:We could also do a "In a world, where ponies live" (Narrator voice)
I could easily make something like that. I wish we could make a narrator pony XD

I am going to make a rough "animated" story board that describes the project.. Think you could narrate the ideas and what the project is all about, I'll post it on youtube to get the word about. Sound good? Rainbow dash

16Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas? Empty Re: Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas? Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:17 pm

Rotiart

Rotiart
Admin

Gimme some lines and i'll upload them tomorrow. House is kind of crowded and my GF still doens't know i'm a brony XD

17Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas? Empty Re: Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas? Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:23 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Rotiart wrote:Gimme some lines and i'll upload them tomorrow. House is kind of crowded and my GF still doens't know i'm a brony XD

LMFAO! You're gonna have to come out of the brony closet sooner or later, haha.

18Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas? Empty Re: Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas? Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:29 pm

Rotiart

Rotiart
Admin

I know right XD But I live together with her and if she would ever check my history she would know. Also I have time to watch episodes in the morning before work.

19Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas? Empty Re: Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas? Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:13 pm

RainbowBlitz

Ok, we've had a few ideas. Maybe in one cut away skit we could cut from pony to pony as they check Tara Strongs twitter, the each get curious about rule 34 (because of her tweet asking what it is) from there we could show each ponies reaction to their own R34 fanart.

And maybe, they might like it, as a twist, rather than be disgusted some of them could be flattered, Pinkie may react like this, I don't currently know.

20Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas? Empty Re: Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas? Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:26 pm

RainbowBlitz

*Transition to this skit*

Pinkie, "Hey guys! Tara has a new tweet!"

- All of the ponies gather round the pc -

Twilight, "Ooh, let's see."

*Flying above Pinkie's head* Dash, "What's rule 34? Got me stumped."

Pinkie, "Why not check it out?!"

Rarity, "Yes, it could be rather interesting."

*Pinkie googles r34, enters the r34 site then types*

- All the ponies save Pinkie back away -

Rarity, "Oh, dear lord!" *faint*

Twilight *Putting her hoof over her mouth*, "O-Oh I think I'm gonna puke."

Dash, "Ew! I'd never do that with another mare!" *slight blush, indicating she is lying to the viewers*

Fluttershy *blushing badly and backing away from the pc*, "Oh... Oh my goodness..."

Pinkie *Leaning in closer to the screen*, "Ooh, look at those! I want some!"

Feel free to improve this, I'm not the best writer.

Last edited by Deusinsanus on Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Some minor things that bugged me.)

21Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas? Empty Re: Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas? Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:28 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

RainbowBlitz wrote:Ok, we've had a few ideas. Maybe in one cut away skit we could cut from pony to pony as they check Tara Strongs twitter, the each get curious about rule 34 (because of her tweet asking what it is) from there we could show each ponies reaction to their own R34 fanart.

And maybe, they might like it, as a twist, rather than be disgusted some of them could be flattered, Pinkie may react like this, I don't currently know.

I think the reaction should be more like this..

Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas? 006x0qz4

I'm not too keen on the idea of them linking it... :scratch:

22Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas? Empty Re: Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas? Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:30 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

RainbowBlitz wrote:*Transition to this skit*

- All of the ponies gather round the pc -

*Flying above Pinkie's head* Dash, "What's rule 34? Got me stumped."

*Pinkie googles r34, enters the r34 site then types*

- All the ponies save Pinkie back away -

Rarity, "Oh dear lord!" *faint*

*Putting her hoof over her mouth* Twilight, "O-Oh I think I'm gonna puke."

Dash, "Ew! I'd never do that with a woman!" *slight blush, indicating she is lying to the viewers*

*blushing greatly and backing away from the pc*Fluttershy, "Oh... Oh my goodness..."

*Leaning in closer to the screen* Pinkie, "Ooh, look at those! I want some!"

Feel free to improve this, I'm not the best writer.

Haha, I take back what I said.. I love this! Razz

23Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas? Empty Re: Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas? Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:36 pm

RainbowBlitz

Improved version:

*Transition to this skit*

- All of the ponies gather round the PC -

Dash *Flying above Pinkie's head*, "What's rule 34? Got me stumped."

*Pinkie googles r34 and enters the site. She then types oddly with her hooves*

- All the ponies, save Pinkie back away -

Rarity, "Oh dear lord!" *faint*

Apple Jack *Cringing and turning away* "That right there's a mighty embarrasin' if I do say so myself."
(Alternative: *lie face* "What? I don't do that with a rope!")

Twilight *Putting her hoof over her mouth*, "O-Oh I think I'm gonna puke."

Dash, "Ew! I'd never do that with another mare!" *slight blush, indicating she is lying to the viewers*

Fluttershy *blushing badly and backing away from the PC*, "Oh... Oh my goodness..."

Pinkie *Leaning in closer to the screen*, "Ooh, look at those! I want some!"

*Fade out to black with Pinkie grinning at the screen*

I didn't do much to it, and is there any other place you want me to post this?

24Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas? Empty Re: Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas? Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:08 pm

Cowboy Appledash

Cowboy Appledash

Not throwing any 'scripting' in here, just a small idea for the 'r34 reactions' perhaps after some 'Appledash r34' shows up AJ leans and whispers to RD asking "Who the hay took them pictures?" or something along those lines.

25Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas? Empty Re: Scene Two: Cut-Away Clips, ideas? Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:18 pm

RainbowBlitz

Cowboy Appledash wrote:Not throwing any 'scripting' in here, just a small idea for the 'r34 reactions' perhaps after some 'Appledash r34' shows up AJ leans and whispers to RD asking "Who the hay took them pictures?" or something along those lines.

The issue is these initial skits can only be 30 seconds long, if it was an entire episode dedicated to the R34 topic it could have a few of those scenes in there, but that isn't the case.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum